This posse bravely rides out into cyberspace and arrests everyone’s interest.
You might want to check out the things they have to say. You might even be changed by listening to them. Life might be better.
My ‘Seven from Heaven’ this Monday is a group of fiercely-individualistic, inspirational, extraordinary people who’ve chosen to serve the rest of us by sharing themselves and their knowledge online:
1. Leo Babauta – author, journalist and creator of hugely successful Zen Habits (160,000 subscribers) and MnmList blogs and their spin-offs including the A-list Blogging Bootcamps. (Which clearly I have not yet attended.) He is just all kinds of wonderfulness. @zen_habits
Two years down the track of subscribing to ZenHabits I still love the posts that arrive in my inbox. I’m very loved-up on Mr Babauta’s Mnmlist. Ironically, I just cannot get enough of it. I have to re-read posts to get more calm-fixes.
2. Dr. Aleks Krotoski - not only is she a total sweetheart, brilliantly individualist, articulate and charming on camera, she is extremely intelligent! A visionary academic! She has a PhD in Social Psychology studying how information spreads around social networks on the world wide web.
Bravo Ms Krotoski for shining so brightly and making BBC2′s The Virtual Revolution amazing. May we always be able to follow Dr Aleks’ light as she explores what the hell we’re all doing on this internet thingy. Plus, she writes five blogs. Yee-ha. @aleksk
3. Jonathan Mead – when I first subscribed to Illuminated Mind years ago I thought Mr Mead some ancient guru, his words being so very wise. I am still recovering from the shock to my assumption system when I saw his youthful pic months later. Mr Mead also wrangles the Black Sheep Project and is author of “The Zero Hour Workweek”. @jonathanmead
4. Danielle LaPorte – what a hottie! I only just a few week’s ago discovered author and spirituality/creativity igniter Ms LaPorte. I love how beautifully she is her authentic self on ‘White Hot Truth: because self-actualization rocks’. PLUS she followed me back on Twitter so she has my devotion. @DanielleLaPorte
5. Chris Guillebeau – Mr Guillebeau’s blog The Art of Non-Conformity is glorious. He also wrote a FREE e-book I adore with one the best book titles ever: A Brief Guide to World Domination. It is superb – download it immediately. I might go and read my copy again now. @chrisguillebeau
7. Tim Ferriss, author of The Four-Hour Work Week, brainy internet stuff (helped develop su.pr) and performance dude. I really liked his “Smash Fear Learn Anything” presentation on Ted.com. At least I think it was that one I liked, it could have been another. I also love the “Random” videos he makes with Kevin Rose like this one about their top five favorite books. (I thought Mr Rose was just Mr Ferriss’s bud but it turns out Kevin’s pretty famous too having invented WeFollow – hey Kev, put a pure search box in that thing would ya?) @tferriss
I subscribe to the blogs these magnificent individuals create for us all. If you haven’t discovered the joys of having eloquent, useful, entertaining and inspiring blog posts delivered directly to your email inbox, you could start with these cyber folks (and me, of course, click my link on the right).
P.S. Imagine if you got all seven of these electrifying energy sources into one room – do you think the world might explode?